user name:
password:
| lost password
ModernSelling.com home Forum home Recent topics Recent posts Search Register
Home Employers' forum Michael Page - Firing on all cylinders? Messages in this topic - RSS

05/12/2008 10:26:54
NeilWarren
NeilWarren
Posts 661
I was filled with sympathy, or empathy at least, for our friends at Michael Page having spotted this story in The Times - From hiring to firing - the mood has switched at Michael Page. I remember meeting Michael at The Accountants Exhibition - which we had just launched - when he first listed on AIM orthe Unlisted Securities Market, or whatever it was back then (1983?). And the Sales Division was just a twinkle in the eye back then, very early days compared to the market/world leader they've turned into. So I know they have an excellent spirit and track record, and am sure they'll find a sensible way through.

What really struck me though was the "fact" noted in there that the company can only really see what's happening a few weeks ahead - and I wondered how many of the rest of us are sitting on slightly dubious sales targets, forecasts, recruitment plans etc.. Or would we more sensibly and honestly have files marked "headless chicken", "dunno", "ask Gordon" or "Bankers rule OK"!?
pages: 1

Home Employers' forum Michael Page - Firing on all cylinders?