|Sales Tip of the Week in association with CIM.|
Author and wit Mark Twain is well-known for his observations on life. Here are six of his best quotes to boost your working day….
- ‘A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.’ You need to look to yourself rather than others for approval and allow yourself to be who you want to be – not an easy task and it can take time.
- ‘Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.’ We tend to limit ourselves by becoming too self-conscious and worrying about what other people think. Barriers can so often be in our own mind.
- ‘Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.’ Pretty self-explanatory this one – whingers beware! You can go wherever you want if you’re prepared to work at it.
- ‘A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.’ Prepare to fail some of the time. If you never fail, you’re either incredibly lucky or playing it too safe. All great ideas take time to be absorbed by the rest of us.
- ‘Drag your thoughts away from your troubles… by the ears, by the heels, or any other way you can manage it...’ and ‘The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.’ Stay cheerful and focus on your goals. Don’t succumb to negativity. One of the best ways to feel good about yourself is to make someone else feel good. Offer your help – a positive attitude is contagious. And finally....
- ‘20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream, discover.’ Says it all really!
Please follow this link for more information on sales and marketing training from the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
If you found this article helpful why not register as a reader and gain access to all our content? Registering is quick and easy and entirely free. Click here to register.